CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
To help maintain the system’s efficiency, it is very important that all reflectors, end caps and heat sources be kept in good condition.
How To Maintain Infrared Ovens:
- Keep all dust, dirt and paint over-spray out of and away from the opening of the oven.
- Check the operation of all heat sources, blow off loose dust and wipe all reflective sources with a clean soft cloth.
- When cleaning the reflective surfaces, use a clean cloth dampened with a non-abrasive detergent.
- Heat Sources should be kept as clean as the reflective areas of the equipment. If the heat sources become dirty, this will cause overheating and reduce their efficiency and reduce their expected life.
- To clean the quartz envelope, it is suggested it be wiped off with a cloth dampened with alcohol, then follow with a soft dry cloth. Do not touch with bare hands after cleaning.
- Occasionally, heat sources will fail and become broken; they should be replaced at the earliest possible time.
- Some ovens and control panels are equipped with filters. Filters should be periodically checked and changed as soon as they become dirty.
- Determining how often the oven should be cleaned will depend on shop conditions.
- Replacement reflectors, end caps and heating elements for all Fostoria equipment are readily available from Fostoria.