PORTABLE INFRARED OVENS
Portable electric IR banks allow the flexibility of moving electric infrared units in/out of a production line when additional heat is required. These units can be used for a variety of applications but are typically used for paint and powder curing, dry-off, boost, flash-off, gel, and pre-gel applications.
The Advantages of Electric Infrared Heat:
Efficiency – focus the IR at the product and heat the coating, not the ambient air; instant on-off; no time wasted bringing emitters up to temperature.
Repeatable results – consistent performance through effective control of the amount of heat required, even if pass through or dwell times vary. Many control options are available.
Smaller footprint – these IR banks use very little floor space, especially when compared to conventional curing ovens.
Standard Models Are Based On The Following Construction Specifications:
- Heat sections consist of an integral gold anodized aluminum reflector and GAA end caps. Standard reflector disperses IR energy across a 130⁰ pattern with the reflected IR in a tighter 65⁰ pattern.
- All sections are designed so they can be bolted together side-by-side or end-to-end; making the assembly of small, medium and large banks possible.
- Sections are designed to accept ONE or TWO short wavelength (T-3 lamps), medium wavelength (quartz tubes) or long wavelength (metal sheath) IR emitters; at a wide range of wattages at all standard industrial voltages. All sections/banks can be wired for single or 3 phase operation; and in series, parallel or combinations to suit the process and controls requirements.
- Sections are mounted to a heavy-duty steel stand with durable and lockable casters for ease of mobility and stability. Stands can be adjusted to accommodate various width heat sections.
- Optional blowers can be integrated into heat sections to add air to the finishing or dry-off process; and to wick away moisture during the cure of water based coatings.
- All standard model banks have a disconnect switch, with ON/OFF switch with lockable handle.
Section Per Bank
Emitters Per Bank
Wattage per Bank
Amperage Per Bank
Pattern Per Bank
Height (incl. stand)
6 - 2400 Watt
33"H x 44"W
8 - 2400 Watt
44"H x 44"W
6 - 3000 Watt
33"H x 55"W
8 - 3000 Watt
44"H x 55"W
Fostoria’s 900 series modular IR sections allow the flexibility of customizing portable banks to fit product profiles. With free testing at Fostoria, we can design specific equipment to maximize production.
This oven bank is fully adjustable. Note: Each bank can be pivoted independently and the entire bank can be raised or lowered, utilizing a manual winch system mounted to the back of the unit.
An example of the banks heating automotive body parts. This equipment was designed with a control panel mounted to the frame. The system had the capability of heating a product to an exact temperature and subsequently holding it for a time period to allow for proper curing.
The panel is equipped with the following components:
All portable ovens can be equipped with high tech control panel systems if required by the customer’s process